Monday, July 4, 2011

Hikertown, USA

So, in my last blog, I mentioned that Teddy has been hiking for 33 days already and no rain - well I think I may have jinxed him.  I spoke with him this afternoon, right after a rain/hail storm blew through Hikertown.  He stopped in at this famous stop on the trail - it is a property owned by a movie producer, who, like other generous, kind, trail angels, have opened their homes to the PCT hikers as a place to stay along their journey.


The picture shows these wooden buildings, which are actually old movie props, that the owner placed along his driveway, and calls it Hikertown.  Teddy stayed an extra day, due to the severity of his rash, and was able to help the guy out with putting up a fence, and was able to avoid hiking through what was a nasty storm - complete  with torrential rain and hail.  I guess all worked out well for him - now if only the rash would disappear...

Teddy is eating a bowl of stew, trying to turn in early, and get a fresh start in the morning.  Not only will he be fighting against the irritating, uncomfortable rash, but has to walk 15 miles along the LA aqueduct with no shade protection.  The temperatures are 95+ so the earlier he gets through that, the better off he will be. The picture below shows the trail following along the aqueduct - this is where Teddy will be tomorrow, in the heat, hopefully on his way to a rash-free successful journey up towards the mountains.
via google images

~~The Thruhiker's Wife











3 comments:

  1. Thruhikers Wife: it is so good to ready your journal and know of Scarecrows progress and adventures. I have been trying to leave posts since June 27th, hope I do this one right. There are several photos taken by Evil Goat on his Trail Journal of Scarecrow and FYI there are two Scarecrows on the trail. I will keep following, you are awesome! Goodwitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Goodwitch! Successful post - I will look up the pics of Scarecrow!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodwitch - I just got done reading every entry of Evil Goat's entries, thanks to your awesome scribing... I shared EG and TOG's location with Scarecrow too - I just got off the phone with him. He hopes to catch up with them again too.

    ReplyDelete