Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Request Rapidly Received!!!

Well, those laws of attraction were really strong today... I just got off the phone with Teddy - he called in from Vermilion Valley, which is 878 miles into the trail.  He has slowed down his daily mileage, mostly because of the mountain terrain, but hiking with someone else - "Not Ryan" - has lessened mileage as well.  He said they are lucky to even get double digit mileage on a daily basis.  That's okay - I am glad he has some company for now.  He has said he will probably break away and speed up once out of the mountains.
He sounds great and well-rested.  Daily temperatures are in the mid to upper 70's during the day, and down in the 30's at night.  Teddy said it is common to wake up with frost on his tent.  I guess that's better than sweating in 104 degree heat with a rash.  
He is currently walking on the John Muir Trail, which is 211 miles long and runs simultaneously with the PCT from Mt. Whitney to Yosemite Valley, California.  He is hoping to be in Mammoth Lakes in about 3 days or so. Still about 210+ miles from his next mail drop spot :(  Hope his Snickers bars are not too melted...


Wow - my request for Teddy to check in was received in lightening speed - now if only my lotto request can come that quickly.
Until next time,


~The Thruhiker's Wife

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear The B.F.A.M. is moving along... I second the motion for a speedy Lotto request... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis, I have tickets from March that I haven't checked yet... just kidding, I checked them yesterday.

    ReplyDelete