Thursday, July 21, 2016

I Am Exactly Where I Am Supposed To Be

they made it to Wyoming!
Crossing the border into Wyoming was very exciting for the guys! Another state down, and closer to their destination.  Wyoming was a memorable state for Scarecrow while hiking on the CDT ~ it is where he hiked through the Wind River Range, and has stated, "It is the MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE I have ever seen on any of the three trails."  There are so many miles of "untouched" land that literally took his breath away.  Another highlight in Wyoming is the Grand Teton National Park.  Scarecrow has wanted to visit this park for the longest time, and did not get the chance while on the CDT in 2014.  He had hoped that while him and MattyRedrock were on the Divide, they would be able to go there.

a view of the Grand Tetons from Colter Bay Village
After spending the night in Colter Bay campgrounds last night, they awoke to this scenery, and were on their way.  From what Corinne and I can gather, this picture was taken by the Colter Bay Village Marina.  Thank you MattyRedrock for the beautiful picture. I am sure you are both excited to take it all in.

A few more pictures were sent from Scarecrow ~ I am not sure of what this first one is, other than the beauty surrounding them in this national park.


And, when the next picture came through, I had tears of joy for Teddy ~ he has finally made it to the Grand Tetons.  He and Matt look very happy, and I know that Scarecrow is celebrating inside and out to be here.  He posted on Facebook: "I'm exactly where I am supposed to be." YES YOU ARE, SCARECROW!

they made it!
I am so happy you were able to make it there, and fulfill a dream of yours that had been in the works for awhile.  Take lots of pictures, so now I can say we saw it too! (You know I will NEVER hike/bike to see this beautiful place)

Looking forward to hearing about your day there and see more pictures! ENJOY, be safe, and just keep pedaling! To see their latest check in, please click HERE

Until next time,
Corinne & The Thruhiker's Wife


2 comments:

  1. Yellowstone was my 1st national park...so mad I didn't make the tentons...but sturgis bike rally was on the rd trip list too that month. Lolll one day I'll be back to Wyoming and stand like the guys...my parks are my passport photos. I love visiting all the national parks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellowstone was my 1st national park...so mad I didn't make the tentons...but sturgis bike rally was on the rd trip list too that month. Lolll one day I'll be back to Wyoming and stand like the guys...my parks are my passport photos. I love visiting all the national parks...

    ReplyDelete