Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Waiting...

All things come to him who waits - provided he knows what he is waiting for. - Woodrow T. Wilson

Among the things that were rejuvenated while staying with family, was Teddy's cell phone strength.  He decided to go through the miscellaneous pictures that he never sent to me while out in the woods.  He came across the one below of him sporting a red bandanna.
head gear worn to deter hunters from shooting
It is worth mentioning, because three female cyclists approached Scarecrow with this bandanna while in the woods back on October 1.  They seemed concerned that he would be hiking in the woods with no colorful alert to others on the FIRST DAY OF HUNTING SEASON.  He accepted their gift, and wore it - thank you, cyclist trail angels, as it kept him safe from humans thinking he was a bear wandering through the trail.
So, we wait anxiously for Teddy's next update... I have our collection of stickers waiting to mark his location on the map, the computer is waiting to accept the next entry of the story, the kids are waiting to share their latest endeavors, my phone is waiting for the next pictures he will send, our friends and family are waiting to see Teddy and hear all about his journey, and I am waiting... Yes, I know exactly what I am waiting for... I am waiting to have my husband home again, safely, to love, enjoy, and live our life... it's been a long five months of waiting... but according to the English proverb... good things come to those who wait.

"Waiting" by Green Day

~ The Thruhiker's Wife ~

2 comments: