Thursday, September 18, 2014

Almost to the Finish Line


The day we have been waiting for!!! Scarecrow called from East Glacier Park - the last town stop before heading on to the end.  Hebsaid he was actually a bit ahead of schedule and is about to reach the monument at the end of the CDT on Monday - WOW  This now means if I can secure flights and transportation for Teddy over the next day or two, we could be collecting him from the airport on WEDNESDAY next week!!!

For those of you who asked about his travel plans and arrival home, I will definitely keep you posted over the next few days about definitive plans.  Some have expressed an interest in greeting him at the airport - he would LOVE that.  He is very much looking to be back home and reconnect with family and friends.  There would be nothing better than to have you all there to show him some love and support as he lands - it will DEFINITELY be at MacArthur airport and I am looking at a 5:15 pm landing.  I will know for sure after talking with him further over the next day or two.

The day is here where I can say, my (almost) Triple Crown hiker will be back home next week.  I will post again VERY SOON with an update.

Until next time,
The Thruhiker's Wife

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that Ted is coming home. What an acomphlishment

    ReplyDelete