Friday, April 18, 2014

Day 1 on the trail...

via Google images

I am happy to report Scarecrow is moving along the trail, but unfortunately has not mastered sending me pictures yet.  I am happy we invested in the SPOT locator, as it is my only confirmation that Teddy is safely moving up the trail.  He called yesterday in the morning, while he was being shuttled to the Crazy Cook monument where the trail begins, and that is the last time we have actually spoken.  I received a notification that he was beginning the trail and I have received his SPOT check in at the end of the day to say he is safely where he is going to camp. I can only assume there is minimal service where he is, and hopefully he will send his first pictures soon.
You can follow his progress by clicking on where is Scarecrow?

If you want to see the map of where he is, click here
A map of Scarecrow's check ins...

Until next time,

The Thruhiker's Wife







No comments:

Post a Comment