Friday, July 25, 2014

Some of Scarecrow's Shots ~ no Stealing from Jabba this Time!


photo by Scarecrow

I got to speak with Scarecrow yesterday as they left and headed onward to Grand Lakes.  He was able to catch a signal and send some shots off of his camera.  These pictures came with no information so I will try to give you as much as I can find.

Kokomo Pass

 Kokomo Pass, with an elevation of 12,027 feet is a mountain pass that crosses the Continental Divide in the Gore Range of the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.
Kokomo Pass

It must still be pretty chilly up there, as Scarecrow is sporting his pants, jacket and gloves.  Even Jabba is in pants here - now I know its freezing.


Scarecrow mentioned they hitched a ride from the trail back into the town of Breckenridge via pickup truck.  I am not quite sure if this was because of a pending storm, but I appreciate the trail angel who picked these hikers up.

After one more night in the hostel, they were back out and on the trail, heading north to Grand Lakes.  Teddy told me he should arrive there by Tuesday, so it will be about 5 days before we hear from him again.

photo by Scarecrow
 I am not sure of exactly where these shots were taken, but their scenic beauty was worth sharing regardless.

photo by Scarecrow

 When posting these pictures, I have our dear friend Pattie Grieco's words and thoughts in my head ~ "we are getting to see parts of this amazing country that we may not have seen, thanks to Scarecrow's pictures and experiences".
photo by Scarecrow

So although I do not have an exact location, please enjoy these areas of the beautiful state of Colorado.  Teddy will be able to fill us in with the details upon his return.

photo by Scarecrow
photo by Scarecrow
photo by Scarecrow

photo of Jabba by Scarecrow

Where is Scarecrow now? Click HERE
Happy, safe trails to you both.

Until next time,
The Thruhiker's Wife







1 comment: