Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Teddy the Trail Angel...

I received an email this morning from a woman who met Scarecrow on the trail.  I think you will find her story a bit familiar...

Scarecrow to the rescue
Hi Thruhiker's Wife,
I'm hoping this email works.  I met this wonderful gentleman on my way from Steamboat Springs, CO to Fort Collins, CO yesterday afternoon.  I was hauling a trailer with 3 horses, a goat and a dog and I blew a trailer tire a few miles east of Rabbit Ears Pass.  With the tire completely shredded, I wasn't sure how I was going to change it on my own when all of a sudden I heard someone call, "Hey!" And there he was.  He graciously helped me change my tire on a hot Sunday afternoon and I don't know what I would have done had he not been there.  Here is a picture he wanted to share.  It was a pleasure running into him and I can't thank him enough for his kindness! I wish him the best of luck on the remainder of his journey!  
Cassidy Kurtz, M.S.
Coordinator
Equine Sciences Program
Colorado State University


Scarecrow has been so blessed by the kindness and generosity of others along his journey, so he was happy to pay it forward and give to others.  Thank you, Cassidy, for sharing this picture and story with Scarecrow's family and friends ~ we love any and all updates we can get about his journey along the CDT.

Until next time,
The Thruhiker's Wife


1 comment: