Saturday, June 4, 2011

1,814,400 seconds and counting...** old post**

Time is a crazy thing...

3 weeks left for us to finish up our "To-Do" list
21 days left for Ted to plan out the mail drops and specifics of his trip
504 hours left for Ted to get his pack and supplies together
30,240 minutes left for us to get excited over what Ted will experience but know we will miss him
1,814,400 seconds left until Ted begins this journey of a lifetime...

As we get closer to his departure, Ted and I want to thank everyone for their support, interest, and love during the preparation and planning of this next chapter of our lives. We are excited to share this trip with everyone who is following this blog - Ted will send photos, video, and stories home which I will put on this blog for all to enjoy.

Just so you know, I plan to create a book for Teddy using this blog with all of its posts and comments upon his completion. With that said, please feel free to post to him throughout his trip - words of encouragement, thoughts of his insanity, and anything else on your mind that he will enjoy reading when he gets home. This adventure is something very dear to his heart, and we are excited to share it with our family and friends, so I hope you enjoy his story as it unfolds.

Early August, Ted will be somewhere in Northern California, 1300 miles into his trek, halfway through the Pacific Crest Trail. This time will also mark 20 years that Teddy and I are together -1043 weeks, or 7304 days (I won't bore you with the rest of the breakdown - you get the idea). I am proud that we reached this milestone.

I am proud of his determination. I am proud that he has taken on such an amazing dream and made it his reality.
I want to say that now, more than ever before, I am proud to be the wife of a thruhiker.

No comments:

Post a Comment