Thursday, September 8, 2011

Text From Teddy...

 I received this text this morning... he must not have reached the halfway point until today... but it fell on the 10 year anniversary of his completion of the Appalachian Trail...

Babe: Big day today. I hit the half way point and completed the A.T. 10 years ago today. I love you and thank you for your support. This would not be happening if it wasn't for you. SCARECROW


Teddy, I love you so much - dirty hands, grizzly beard and all... I cannot even describe the amount of pride and love I feel for you and your decision to embark on this journey.  We had an amazing conversation on the phone yesterday which has given me the strength to get through the other 1,325 miles that you will be gone.
Keep on trekking, don't lose sight of your vision, and know that your dream of thruhiking the PCT is within your reach.
Dakota, Jagger and I, along with so many friends and family are here, following your story, cheering you on, sending you positive energy, love and prayers for a safe, and wonderful trip.  The rest is up to you...

All my love, forever and always,
~The Thruhiker's Wife~

3 comments:

  1. SCARECROW... CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING THE HALF WAY POINT!!! And celebrating with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...YUM!! You are an inspiration for all of us who are living vicariously through you. Keep on keeping on. We think of you often and wish you all the best on the next leg of your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure "half-way there" never felt so good! You truly are an inspiration! I've been following the blogs like a soap opera! I've even shared your story with a few friends of mine. Sending positive thoughts & prayers! Keep on trekking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I've been following your blog from northwest Washington.

    ReplyDelete